Training the Trainer

This blog is a resource for fitness professionals who are working with, or plan to work with clients.

There are no licensing laws for personal trainers, but a reputable trainer should have a basic education and a certification from an NCCA certified national organization. These include ACE, ACSM, NSCA and NASM.

At GCC we offer a variety of educational options for the aspiring personal trainer. Each program will prepare the student for national certification. These programs include:

Personal Trainer CCL (Certificate of Completion)

Personal Training Specialist CCL

Group Fitness Instructor CCL

Nutrition for Fitness & Wellness CCL

Strength, Nutrition & Personal Training AAS (Associate in Applied Science)

Students who wish to earn a bachelors degree or higher can take advantage of some wonderful transfer opportunities.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s